Thursday, December 15, 2005

RELIGION


Before I begin this rant, I am not attempting to offend anyone. These are just my beliefs and this is my space to express those beliefs....

I have long contested that religion is a learned behavior. We need food, clothing, shelter. Religion, much like mathematics, is learned. We have no instinctual need for religion. We are taught religion.

I say...
RELIGION, AND ITS USE, IS THE ROOT OF EVIL.

Since the beginning of time, man has use religion to divide and segregate people. Religion has been used to start wars that has killed millions of people. This blind faith is used for evil and hate all over the world today. The church is the most segregated place you will find. Everyone secure in their belief that their GOD is the ONE and only true Savior (can I get an amen?) It's fine with me that you may want religion and the camaraderie that goes with belonging to a church. All I ask is that you don't impose your beliefs on me and my beliefs.

I know many people get strength through their spirituality. But why does it have to be "believe in my GOD or you burn in hell?" I was taught that GOD and his son are a loving, caring, forgiving people. I was taught to fear my Savior. I have grown to NOT fear my Savior. I believe that it's the way you treat your fellow man is how you will truly be judged.

This Holiday Season we have been treated to an example of the way religion is used to divide people. Jerry Falwell and Fox News have teamed up to declare that there is a "War on Christmas." They are pissed off about people using the "Happy Holidays" greeting instead of "Merry Christmas." They say that since the majority of people in the U.S. are some form of Christian that "Merry Christmas" is the only acceptable greeting. AGAIN, let's use religion to divide people and create more hate. This same majority rules mentality was used to keep this country segregated until the mid 1960's. Hate is Hate. You can wrap it up in Christmas paper and put a pretty bow on it...But it's still Hate.

In a month that sees the celebration of the Winter Solstice, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the beginning of a New Year can't we all just be inclusive and wish everyone a HAPPY HOLIDAY?

Let the religious hatemongers can go back to spewing their message on January 2 after I get over my hangover!

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

science cannot explian all the cosmic coincidences faith can! freek freely** Christ was the first hippie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home