Monday, December 04, 2006

SHAKE THEM BONES


Saturday night, Dark Star Orchestra played at the 9:30 Club. Dark Star Orchestra is a GRATEFUL DEAD cover band. Just prior to the beginning of the second set, I turned to Tucker Carlson and said (with my index finger and thumb a 1/4 inch of each other) that "I now have this much respect for you." He said "why"? I said "just because he was into the music of the DEAD." He then told me that he had been to 75 GRATEFUL DEAD shows and started to follow them in California as a 15 year old. Who Knew?

I then asked Tucker if he brought Anne Coulter(another DEAD HEAD)and he said "No, I brought my wife....she's much prettier!!!"

After the show Tucker turned to me and asked how I liked the show? We chatted a but, formally introduced him to the BF and he introduced us to his wife. She told us a cute story of when Tucker met GRATEFUL DEAD bassist Phil Lesh. She said he was so nervous that it was the first time she ever saw Tucker speechless! Tucker asked the BF and I how long we had been together and seemed surprised when we told him almost 11 years. He said "wow, that's longer than most marriages." Me, being me, replied "yep and you need to stop using gay people as a weapon, we deserve better." He asked us if it were legal would we get married? We said "yes" we wanted the same legal rights as he and his wife. To my shock he agreed. That's right...Lord of the Anger Twinks is cool with gay marriage, well, at least to my face and after few Stella's.

The show was a blast. The high light (for me) was the wicked-sick SHAKEDOWN STREET from the second set. It still amazes me how the music of the GRATEFUL DEAD can bring so many people from so many different backgrounds together....Oh, did I mention the guy dressed in drag?

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads on getting Tucker to admit he's for gay marriage. Now if he'd only grow a pair and say so when the topic comes up on one of his talk show apperances...

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having left the limelight of CNN, it's easier to get him to say that I guess. So how beautiful was his wife?

Lord of the Anger Twinks...

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Dumbek said...

He didn't exactly say he was for gay marriage. He said something like "I'm not against gay marriage. I'm just all for stability."

His wife was pretty hot.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Blobby said...

Was this a dream of some sorts? It all sounds so surreal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home